Woman ; hey, have you been watching any of the world cup soccer matches ?
Man : well, I was ….. until my favorite team was bounced Out of the first round of play. I mean, they should have made all the way to the second…… but a whole series of events cost the team the opportunity to prove them selves on the world stage
Woman : what do you mean ?
Man: well, in the first match, two of their star players out with nagging injuries, so the rest of the players, unfortunately just coldn’t keep up with the …… team
Woman : wel, that just life. I mean every is going to to have players out with ….
Man : yea , but that’s beside the point. And, and then, in the second game, the rets made some terrible calls, allowing the opposing team to slip by with victory. I mean, we were robbed on the one .the rets must have been walking in their sleep !
Woman ; but, didn’t one of your own players accidentaly kick the ball twice in to his own …? I must that doesn’t sound like a bad call to me
Man : That’s just beside the point
Woman : really
Man : and finally, our team was …. In the final watch I mean they were way out ahead until the other team rellied in the final three minutes of play to squeak out a victory . it was a total embarrassment for our team. Our team was booed. All I can is that the sun must have been in our players eyes ……
Woman : uh, wasn’t it a night game ?
Man : That’s beside the point ,too. You just not understanding anything I’m saying
Woman : so, who are you rooting for now. Seeing that your team has been eliminated ?
Man : Ah, I can’t watch any more soccer. So I’ve been following an online chess tournament.
Woman : what ? Now, that has to he the most ridiculous reaction I have ever heard of. So, you’re going to completely boycott the rest of the play because your team got bounced out of the tournament ?
Man : ah, forget it. You just don’t understand.
Be bounced out of : be eliminated from
– The team will be bounced out of of the tournament unless they improve their play
Nagging : a continual unpleasant feeling that lasts for along time
– I ve had a nagging pain in my neck that just won’t go away
Keep up with : kepp pace with or up to the level with
– Why in the world would you buy an expensive tv if you didn’t have enough money ?
Slip by : barely pass by
– My sister was able to sleep by the final runner near yhe end of the race
Rally ; come together for a common effort
– The company employees rallied together to help a coworker who was suffering from cancer
Squek out : barely pass or win something
– Unfortunately, our team wasn’t able to squeak out a victory in the last two minutes of play
Root for : show support for
– That come to the event and root for the team , the better luck we might have
Boycott ; refuse to take part in something
– Several countries boycotted the sporting event due to politicial issues..